Friday, May 1, 2009

Family Day 2009. 1 May 2009. Metropilitan Park

The purpose for this event was to raise fund for Bethany Home and Agape services for the blind. A meaningful and puposeful enough event. Most importantly, we all had Fun! Tons and heaps of FUN! And sunburn too. =)
Was there at about 7-ish. Started off with the Walkathon around the park. Something then caught our (me & jenn) eyes. Headed for the playground when no one's looking and started to swing around with a helicopter-like gadget. Pretty cool. =) Continued walking. Breakfast & coffee. Telematch time. I was screaming going all out for my team! The yellow team! Weehee! Overall champions babeyh! I shall story with pictures okays? =)


1st telematch- 2 legged race

Skipping rope. This is how the game goes. Maximum of 10 members chosen. To win, we need to have a maximum number of people skipping at the same time for 3 times. Given time: 5 minutes. We managed 11!! Big kudos to my skippers! Sorry if I had to shout. *shrieks*

Look at the happy faces when we managed to have 11 skipping at one time. I'll get a clearer picture from jenn. Her shots for this are nice.


Go yellow team! our little mascot! =)

Next up, TUG OF WAR.

Green team

Red team



YELLOW TEAM


Blue Team

So exhausted! I can barely smile. =)

JoEy, Aunt Serena, Desiree, Me and Jo Eyii

This is a crazy site of me. Cheering like a no one's looking.

Uncle Andrew! =) Lobsters! me thinks.

The ladies. =)

So red! They even brought ang pau packets to give out. Haha! Go red team!

My dirty shoe at the end of the day. =(

Prize giving for the children category. We are Champions babeyh! Well done kids!

OVERALL CHAMPIONS. Go yellow!

Handling of cheque over to Bethany Home.

Handling of cheque to the AGAPE services for the blind.

The victory is ours to have but MINE to hold!! (for a few minutes) ><

I had loads of fun today. It is really great seeing both the young and old giving it their best for a good cause. Winning isn't everything. What counts is that we are doing something to help others. Having fun and winning is the bonus. FYI, we raised more than RM 40,000. Thank you all for contributing! =) All the teams were awesome! Who say I can't feel sports day again?

There are more pictures to this. So there will most prolly be a part 2.

Going to call it a night. I probably chant the cheer the to sleep. *chanting, yellow, yellow go yellow * ZZZzzzz.. Nights to all. Will look forward to the next time we have this event. =)

Heaps of fun,

Christina Chan =)


No comments: