Monday, December 22, 2008

Youth Camp 2008

Theme : Go M.A.D
Date : 10-13 December 2008
Venue : Broga Campsite, Semenyih

So camp was way back in time. Sorry but i SO do not have the time to blog about it. So after prom was camp the very next day. I fell sick during prom itself so the next day was also about the same. I had high fever. Sad but hey, I still made it for camp. I just felt like I had to be there. I was a leader of a group so yeah. For some reason I am always destined to pair up with the colour green. Last year my group was green an so was this year. So on the first day we were suppose to get to know our group members and come up with a group name and cheer. I was so sick that I cannot even walk. So my dear assistant took charge. Thank God. So he suddenly came to me while i was resting and told me the name of our group that they had came up with and GRASS EATERS it was. I was like, WHAT?! Are you serious? But wtv, it was what they came up with so I have to respect that. It was a uniquely weird name and I'm sure every camper was left with our cheer in their hearts and minds. teehee! Well, we left for camp after lunch and when we arrived there, we unload our stuff and was placed in our dorm. So they had activities but I cannot play because I was too sick. Can you imagine me wrapped around a thick comforter in the evening shivering? That was how bad things was. I couldn't attend the 1st 2 sessions because i was just unable to. So the next day, I was brought to the clinic. At first it was suspected that i had dengue but thank God it wasn't. I just had a throat infection but i had spots okay? that was very peculiar. I had my medication and I was well by evening. I even did the flying fox while i still can because the medicine was about to kick in. I had to skip the high rope because i was too drowsy already but i still got to do it the next day. Wee! So camp was pretty awesome and fun as always. The theme Go M.A.D really stands out. Fyi, M.a.D stands for make a difference. I would make a difference and would try my very best. To make a difference, we have to first start by changing ourselves. Our attitude towards certain perspectives in life has got to change. I have learn alot from this camp and it has definitely change me. So then I can change others. All in all, the camp was awesome! A job well done to the committees and our speaker. Thank you my assistant for helping me out when i was sick. Thank you members of my group for always being so patient. I love you all. So next, Camerons. And that will be in a whole new other post.
So here are some pixtures we took in the bus on the way back from camp!

There are more to come!! =)

No comments: