Saturday, October 25, 2008

It melt my HEART

Today we went to visit the Rumah Penjagaan Kanak-kanak Cacat, Taman
Mega. We left at around 2pm and arrive there SAFELY. And i repeat, SAFELY. This is because there was this crazy driver who is probably drunk or maybe in his right mind having one of those 'road rage' days. He was scary! He is such a NUISANCE! Okay, back to where we were. We arrived there at 2.30pm. When i first arrive kids were everywhere! Actually not all of them are kids and some are even quite old.

They are not physically spastic but more too being mentally challenged (as i would not call them mentally retarded or spastic) Some of them are quite normal as in they can talk to you like normal people do. There's this down syndrome little girl dressed in a hot pink outfit. She is so quiet and i got to know that she's a Malay mix Chinese and her name is Mei Mei. When i went there she was playing and suddenly she wanted me to carry her and she clinged on to me like a Koala bear. Then she will cry if i would to put her down and finally she gave in and someone else carried her. She was heavy. She is about 4 or 5 if I have not mistaken. Then there is this man who likes to say hi and shake your hand, so everytime i pass him, he will shake both my hands and say hi. He's so cute! haha! Some kids are hyperactive thus they are tied to the wall. What a pity.. *sigh*

Some were immobile. They will just lie there on the floor and would not talk to anyone. I met this very cute lady. She is about 40 and she is just so cute. She will hug me and smile at me and play with me. She likes balloons! =) Then there is this other woman who is also a bit mentally challenged who loves to sing songs. And she would make everyone sing with her. When we were singing, she always want to hold my hand and she hug me asking me to sing with her. I am just so touched by her. So I was a bit scared when i first arrived but after sometime, i decided to step up and so i blend in perfectly with everyone there.

We started singing songs to get them warmed up and they were so happy doing the actions with us. We were singing and dancing and laughing. The kids were very fun to hang out with not forgetting the rest who were living there. Then we made donuts for them with all the colourful sprinkles on them hoping to brighten up their day. The place got a little messy as some of them have difficulties in eating. There is this one boy about my age i guess. I can't see his eyes and i do not know whether he is blind or not but he had cream all over his mouth and hands. No one took notice of him but I did so right away I look for tissue paper and went over to wipe his mouth and hands. Some kids here are really sick, they have asthma and they have to be fed through tubes. This just makes my heart sore. So all I can do is to show love and to let them know that someone still cares. The One above still cares for them.

Its a joy to see them smiling and although some will be a little weird like they will push you from the back and run from one corner to the other end but they were all so special in their own very way. I really miss them all already. I believe they tried to express themselves as they are also human just like me and you but in a more special way. I miss seeing the smiles of the children as they crowd around me singing songs, fighting with their other friends to hold my hand and that they were being loved despite our differences. They just want to be loved.

These kids are really special to me because they impact me in a way not many people can. They are strong to live through till today what more a person like me? Yet, this is not about me and the impact these people had made but what matters the most is the impact I have made that made their few hours of their life a whole lot of joy, laughters and hope. =)

One of the kids. I think she is tied to the wall or chair.

They were dancing and singing. This girl in brown said i was pretty. hee!

The donuts. =)

More pictures to come I promise. =) Have to edit. hee!

No comments: